How to Ship and Import Goods from China
As one of the biggest exporters of goods worldwide, China is a prime target for importers to other countries, but how do you ensure you get the best service when importing from so far away? The cost element must also be considered, and then there’s the time concerned in getting the goods to you or your required address as quickly as you can. There are a number of ways in which you can make sure you import goods as quickly and cost-effectively as possible from China, so let’s have a look at finding the right company.
The Middle-Man Method
One of the safest ways of importing goods from China is to use a middle-man, an experienced handler, to receive your goods and make sure they are all correct and present. This method has a few advantages:
- You can inspect your goods before you decide they are acceptable
- It is a cost-effective method with certain guarantees
- It is tried and tested
Plus a few disadvantages:
- You need to factor in extra time for the middle man to do the job
- There is complex paperwork involved
- You may not know the handler well enough to trust them
This is why we want to tell you about another method of importing goods from China which has its own benefits over the middle-man method, but also some potential problems.
Amazon is now one of the world’s biggest importers and distributors of goods across the world, and its FBA – Fulfillment by Amazon – solution is a great ay of importing goods from China without the hassle of employing the services of a middleman. What is it all about, and why should you focus on getting products for Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA)? Here are some of the benefits:
- Direct to Amazon warehouse so you don’t need to worry about the middle man
- The quickest method of importing goods from China
- Tried and tested method with Amazon guarantees behind it
- Cost effective and time-saving
It does, however, come with a few pitfalls that you may wish to know about, including;
- Requirement to ship to multiple warehouses, not one central point
- A lot of regulations and requirements to meet before going ahead
- No opportunity to inspect goods
- Can be costly for larger shipments
So, which is the best way for you? Let’s consider your options.
Which to Use?
If you have imported goods from your supplier before, trust their quality and know they will deliver the goods, then you don’t need to inspect before you accept, so in this case Amazon FBA is ideal. The same is also true if you need a fast delivery. You will also find that most exporters are familiar with the paperwork and requirements demanded by Amazon, so you will have no trouble getting your package to you in good shape.
It pays to check out the various benefits and pitfalls of each service, which is why we are here to help. Also, if you have a smaller, less valuable single package to import, Amazon FBA is also recommended, as it is probably the most cost-effective method.
If you do not know your supplier and want to check the goods before you accept them then you might consider using a middle man, an experienced handler, who will give you this option. This can also be the preferred option of you have a large delivery to take, as it can be sent direct to one address.
Nevertheless, the tried, tested and trusted Amazon FBA delivery system cannot be overlooked as a highly efficient and cost-effective method of importing goods from China.